Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thing #19

I added a Ning badge to my blog and responded to a discussion about our favorite tools. Then I checked out several of the suggested nings and the one I enjoyed the most was Fuzzsters. I love animals and animal pictures so I had to look at that one.

I probably won't join any other Nings since I have so many blogs I monitor daily. Just don't have time to do more. However, I do plan to go back and explore further before school starts. The Food and Hobbies looked promising for future use.

I discovered since taking this class that I belong to several network communities and didn't even realize it. LOL Through MyFamily.com I have two family sites - one for researching one line of my family, the other for my out-of-state family members to keep in touch. I also belong to scrapbooking communities, but have been slow to become an active member. Since taking this class I am becoming more active because I understand the concept better.

It's a great way for people to connect with others of like interests, and I do enjoy being able to have "friends" around the world. I don't believe it will take the place of old-fashioned, personal relationships, but it does offer an opportunity to broaden our horizons in knowledge and understanding.

No comments: