Sunday, July 6, 2008

Thing #23

I finally made it!!! What a trip! I have learned so much about the web that I had no idea even existed. Many of the tools we explored I plan to use regularly. I especially appreciated learning how to set up and manage a blog since I've been wanting to do that for my scrapbooking.

Now for the last question: I did not enjoy the video. It was really difficult to figure out what it was saying. In fact, it took awhile before I realized what the characters were doing and had to restart it to make sense of it. However, after reading through the links I finally figured out where it was headed. I do like the idea of the Creative Commons copyright effort. It just makes sense since the copyright laws are so strict.

I'm not sure what was meant by an example of how "this" program was modified unless the program referred to is the Learning 2.0. This statement from the article explains it best:

"This course is designed under a Creative Commons license and is an example of how one can take a piece of information or a product and re-work it to make it fit your needs."

But based on that statement I assume the example referred to is the fact that Learning 2.0 is based on the 43Things program and a website called 43 Things I (You) might want to do this year.

1 comment:

mmw said...

Maybe I need to rephrase that question. I'm looking to see if you can find the Creative Commons statement on the Learning 2.0 blog that we are using for this course.